I had to refresh my own mind as to what the rules of keeping a Paleo diet are. I wrote them in my first blog entry a couple years ago if you're interested, but here's the basic breakdown:
What you CAN'T eat:
- grains (including oatmeal (for the most part))
- breads (unless you made it from a Paleo recipe! yay, loophole!)
- any type of alcohol (unless they're apple based, like ciders)
- all legumes (that means peanuts, too!)
- junk food, sodas (which, well, duh)
- all processed sugars
- all packaged/pre-made desserts & meals -- basically, anything that comes out of a box or bag
- all dairy
- all non-nut oils, vegetable oils, and mixed or mystery oils (what the heck is 'canola' anyway?)
What you CAN eat:
- coffee (black - and thank the Lord), tea, water
- coconut oil, olive oil & some nut oils.
So those are the rules of the diet. That is a SHORT list of allowed foods!!
The holidays are coming up. HA! This is going to be rough!